Instead of adding test question manually, you can choose to directly import question banks from CSV files with just a click of a button. Creating CSV format files and importing questions from them is useful if you have to add large number of questions in your tests.
Bulk import test questions from a CSV file
Prevent copying of uploaded contents
When you upload documents such as PPT, PDF, DOC and other supported file formats, it gets converted into an online courseware format on the fly. Students were able to select text from the document viewer and able to copy the contents.
Now, we have implemented a security feature by modifying the document's security settings using "Disable text copy" option. This step can protect the document's contents and manage the distribution and use of sensitive information. When uploading new files, you will be prompted to select this option to enforce document security.
Rename existing contents to check this option.
'Auto select nearest datacenter region' fix and the new 'Capacity' feature in virtual classroom
The previously reported issue of all the traffic going to Dallas, TX location when using 'auto select nearest location' feature is now fixed. When you schedule a live class and leave the default option, it will now assign class to the nearest datacenter location and/or takes the least congestion free network path in to consideration.
Furthermore, we've improved this feature to include 'capacity' in to consideration. When you schedule a class with high number of attendees, the built-in 'capacity' tool will find the best performing servers from our cluster pool and reserve it for the class to offer the best possible performance.
Introducing Amsterdam Data Center
We're excited to announce the launch our new virtual classroom region: Amsterdam, Netherlands! This brings our datacenter coverage to 15 global locations worldwide making BrainCert the largest virtual classroom provider!
As always, we bring the same high-performance and reliable technology stack that we have developed over the years and that is in use in all our previous data centers. Our latest Amsterdam datacenter offers high performance and low latency performance to the rest of the world and provides fault tolerance to other European locations that BrainCert offers - Frankfurt, London, Milan and Paris.
VC issues related to 'single video file' and 'auto select datacenter location' features
We are currently investigating issues related to session recording and intelligent routing to nearest datacenter feature.
1) Customers are advised NOT to use "Single video file" parameter that concatenate multiple video files into a single video file. Due to a bug with current version, the final video is not produced in few situations. This has been fixed in the upcoming major version anticipated in 2-3 weeks.
2) "Auto select nearest datacenter location" feature is routing most of the classes to Dallas, TX location which maybe congested due to high volume of traffic. Customers are advised to manually select a datacenter location.
Create professional certificates for courses and tests using our newly redesigned online certificate maker
We’ve been busy over the last few months revamping our certificate designer tool for E-Learning Platform! We’ve made our certificate engine tool more streamlined, more intuitive and even more easy to use for you and your entire team to deliver course and test completion certificate online.
We’ve updated the entire interface from top to bottom with a new design and fun, new ways to get work done. Here are just a sampling of upgrades we’ve made:
Our newly designed certificate canvas is completely responsive and loaded with powerful features. With customizable fonts and custom tags, you can offer a one-of-a-kind and amazing certificate that your student would be happy to receive in just a few clicks.
Important changes to the content library
The content library in the E-Learning Platform has been shared by other platforms such as 'Virtual classroom API' subscribers and 'Meeting Room' users. To prevent this, we have rolled out a new feature to select your specific platform to upload and manage contents focusing on privacy protection, data segregation, and content security.
In the content library, click on the dropdown menu and select "E-Learning Platform" to manage and upload your contents. It is the default option in the dropdown.
The disk space indicator shows your platform subscription's usage of cloud disk space.
Allowing students to access instructor feedback on open-ended questions
There is an option to notify students when there are feedbacks posted in an open-ended question on a graded test by instructor and an easy-way for instructor to find those comments.
As an instructor, go to test reports and click on the 'Grade' button to open the questions review page.
Read more here.
Updated Open-Ended Question Scoring Rubric
For adaptive tests, we've introduced new question scoring rubric for Point 5 when scoring the open-ended questions manually.
More info - Scoring open-ended questions manually .
- Point 5 - A thorough understanding of the task, reflects a strong understanding of the relevant knowledge and skills, completes all requirements, and provides an insightful explanation or opinion of the text, or extends aspects of the text.
- Point 4 - Clearly demonstrates an understanding of the task, completes all requirements, and provides an insightful explanation or opinion of the text, or extends aspects of the text.
- Point 3 - Demonstrates an understanding of the task, completes all requirements, and provides some explanation or opinion using situations or ideas from the text as support.
- Point 2 - May address all of the requirements, but demonstrates only a partial understanding of the task and uses text incorrectly or with limited success resulting in an inconsistent or flawed explanation.
- Point 1 - Demonstrates minimal understanding of the task, does not complete all requirements, and provides only a vague reference to, or no use of, the text.
- Point 0 - Is completely irrelevant or off-topic.
New Virtual Classroom build (06/10/2018)
We've pushed a new virtual classroom build to all global datacenter locations.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- [NEW] Newly launched large-scale, global TURN Servers (NAT Traversal) now greatly improve connectivity when users are behind enterprise corporate firewalls that blocks certain UDP and TCP packets and known ports. We've tested this with customers coming from banking sector and corporate NAT environments and experienced 99.99% success with the audio and video streams.
- [FIX] In some cases, the "Single video file" option when scheduling the class is not producing the final video. Now, it should concatenate all session recordings into a single file and produce final video file. Please note when instructor close the session before the end time, it will wait 300 seconds and then produce a final video assuming instructor has left the session.
- [FIX] Fix issue related to some of the uploaded PPT files flashing in the whiteboard.
- [FIX] End class confirmation popup was appearing behind the global settings popup window (gear icon in left bottom of the app).
- [FIX] Session breaks when a large file (~3MB) or several smaller pictures are being loaded for preview using insert image tool.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Connectivity test tool has been improved for accurate results.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Attendee reports are now improved with an internal API to capture attendees closing browser and leaving the session. The reports data and graph now will accurately output this event.
- [FIX] Fixed few minor console errors shown in the browser
- [FIX] Fix issue when loading certain documents on the whiteboard that throws this error message in the console - Failed to load resource: net::ERRCACHEOPERATIONNOTSUPPORTED.
- [IMPROVEMENT] Change background color to lighter grey in the landing page for "Enable webcam and microphone upon entry" option to make it look better.
- [FIX] In the latest Chrome 67 (Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on MacOS High Sierra, the recorded videos show the video block in black color.
- [FIX] Loading the document library inside virtual classroom is slow when there are too many documents.
No published changelogs yet.
Surely E-Learning Platform will start publishing changelogs very soon.
Check out our other public changelogs: Buffer, Mention, Respond by Buffer, JSFiddle, Olark, Droplr, Piwik Pro, Prott, Ustream, ViralSweep, StartupThreads, Userlike, Unixstickers, Survicate, Envoy, Gmelius, CodeTree