We have now upgraded our new Virtual Classroom build across all global datacenter locations. We are introducing some of the new and exciting features from our roadmap. There is also great improvement on the audio and video to offer superior performance.
1) Supports 10 concurrent video streams
Collaborate face-to-face with your attendees in real-time with enlarged video conference mode that now supports upto 10 concurrent video streams with automatic speaker detection. There is no limit on audio conferencing and it is based on your subscription package.
2) Improved audio/video connectivity
We have now greatly improved audio/video connectivity with much quicker connection time and overall performance improvement in larger groups.
3) Lock/unlock whiteboard for students
With this new version, Instructors can either lock or unlock whiteboard for students to meet compliance requirements. This feature is specifically designed for younger students where they do not access to all the whiteboard tools such as eraser tool but can collaborate with pen tool with the instructor and other students.
If an Instructor locks the whiteboard students will not be able to write or draw anything on the whiteboard area. Instructors need to enable unlock option for the whiteboard if he/she wishes students to write or draw on the whiteboard.
Also, the existing whiteboard access permission for the student under the attendee list is still available. This feature can be used to promote additional instructors or moderators giving them full whiteboard access.
4) Annotate on top of screen sharing
Instructors can annotate on top on screen sharing. They can also allow students to annotate by unlocking screen share whiteboard for students.
5) Improved document viewer and whiteboard performance
We have now improved the document viewer functionality. All uploaded contents will be processed much quickly and displayed on the whiteboard with appropriate zoom level for easy readability.
6) Faster WebRTC connection
This version is equipped with faster WebRTC connection that enables the quick real-time communication with larger rooms that has over 500 participants and improved WARP algorithm for better congestion control and low-latency performance.
7) Optimized layout for Mobile & Tablet devices
Optimized layout to access tools quicker and maximum viewing area in tablets and mobile devices.
8) Recordings now includes uploaded audio and video files
All Audio and Video files streamed using media player from the content library inside Virtual Classroom will now appear in class recordings with the exception of for YouTube and Vimeo links shared. YouTube has changed their API and forbids playing videos on recordings, so there is no official way to bypass it.
9) Remember selected microphone and webcam devices
With this feature, the microphone and webcam devices selected in a VC session will be remembered when joining the next session.
10) Improved processing of recordings (backend)
We have now greatly improved the processing time of our 720p MP4 HD recordings for both standard and enhanced recorder options.
11) Remember the stroke & fill colors and active whiteboard tool
The active stroke and fill color selection will be remembered along with the active whiteboard tool when the browser is reloaded or when the instructor rejoin the session.
12) New broadcast message design (for BreakRooms)
We have now changed the design of broadcast messages to all attendees in BreakRooms from the chat area.
Bug Fixes & Improvements:
We have also have fixed other minor issues listed below:
- [FIX] Videos cannot be viewed in full screen on iOS devices
- [FIX] Sometimes the camera icon appear to be turned on when only microphone is on
- [FIX] Hide rotate button for documents for students with only teacher's tools access
- [FIX] Student's screensharing is overlapped by whiteboard if student starts it without presenter
- [FIX] Fix Audio/Video connectivity issue with Safari browser on Mac OS
- [IMPROVEMENT] Increase text tool's initial text area in Firefox
- [FIX] "Undo" does not work for "delete"
- [FIX] Copying/pasting with hotkeys doesn't work after copying with context menu
- [IMPROVEMENT] Relocate camera snapshot icon next to name over videos
- [IMPROVEMENT] Zoom uploaded documents x2 to fit whiteboard width
- [IMPROVEMENT] Show context menu for a selected element by long tap on mobile devices
- [FIX] Video statistics are not calculated correctly in Safari and Mozilla
- [FIX] "Allow attendees to control video playback" toggle doesn't work sometimes